Emergency Closure Order
Incident: Forked Fire Wildfire
Emergency closure order of the Ouachita Trail and the Flatside Wilderness due to the Forked Wildfire in the area of Forked Mountain.
Pursuant to 36 CFR, Section 261.50- (a) and (b), entry into the Ouachita Trail located within the boundaries of the Flatside Wilderness are closed. Entry into the Flatside Wilderness is prohibited. Entry into the Forest Service Boundary area located south of Forest Service Road 86 and the north boundary of the Flatside wilderness located on the Winona Ranger District, within the Ouachita National Forest as shown on the map.
1. Entering or being in the Flatside Wilderness
2. Entering or being on the Ouachita Trail
The above prohibited act is set forth in Title 36 C.F.R. Section 261.53 (e) for the protection of public safety.
Pursuant to 36 CFR, Section 261.50 (e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit authorized the otherwise act or omission.
2. Any Federal, State or Local Officer engaged in their official duties
3. Any U.S. Forest Service employee engaged in official duties
4. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescure or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
Executed this day in Hot Springs, Arkansas this 25th day of November 2017.