Okanogan/Wenatchee National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Included are some important safety tips for residents as they begin to move back into areas that had previously been under evacuation.
▪ Shallow root systems have burned and standing dead trees (snags) will fall easily, especially in high winds.
▪ Walking through blackened areas is not safe for anyone, including pets. White ash may indicate deep pockets of heat where roots and ground vegetation continues to burn below ground level.
▪ Fire equipment remains in the area. Use caution when driving and keep lights on at all times.
▪ The Jolly Mountain Fire continues to burn. Stay prepared to [re]evacuate if conditions change. You will be notified by law enforcement if this need arises.
▪ You will likely see flames in the interior of the fire, they will be more noticeable at night.
▪ Firefighters are continuing to locate and extinguish hot spots.