Repopulation after evacuation
Incident: Jolly Mountain Fire Wildfire
Included are some important safety tips for residents as they begin to move back into areas that had previously been under evacuation.
▪ Shallow root systems have burned and standing dead trees (snags) will fall easily, especially in high winds.
▪ Walking through blackened areas is not safe for anyone, including pets. White ash may indicate deep pockets of heat where roots and ground vegetation continues to burn below ground level.
▪ Fire equipment remains in the area. Use caution when driving and keep lights on at all times.
▪ The Jolly Mountain Fire continues to burn. Stay prepared to [re]evacuate if conditions change. You will be notified by law enforcement if this need arises.
▪ You will likely see flames in the interior of the fire, they will be more noticeable at night.
▪ Firefighters are continuing to locate and extinguish hot spots.