Lightning Fire Update September 13, 2017 (evening update)
Incident: 2017 SHF Initial Attack Fires Wildfire
Released: 6 days ago
Acres Burned: approximately 57
Date/Time Reported: September 12, 2017
6 out of 9 fires reported on 9/12 are contained
Water Tenders: 1
Total Resources Assigned: 95 personnel
Current Fire Situation: Lightning moved through the area during the afternoon and evening hours of September 12 and ignited several new fires across the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. Forest officials and firefighters are closely monitoring and responding to these new fires.
Below we have listed each fire by the time the fire was reported, the name given to the fire, the approximate location and estimated fire size (if known) and response activity initiated. Any large fires will have a new "incident" page started in InciWeb:
1. 3:41 p.m. Coffee Fire - near Coffee Creek, 0.1 acres, fire is in patrol status
2. 4:46 p.m. Mule Fire - near Powell Ridge, 0.25 acre, fire has been declared out
3. 5:55 p.m. Mine Fire - near Sims Gap, 0.25 acre, fire is in patrol status
4. 6:35 p.m. Willow Fire - near Hayfork, 0.25 acre, fire has been declared out
5. 6:42 p.m. Buck Fire - near Black Rock Mountain Lookout north of Yolla Bolly Wilderness Area, 2500 acres, for updates please see: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5614/
6. 6:43 p.m. Time Fire - near Indian Valley, 0.25 acre, fire is in patrol status
7. 6:53 p.m. Star Fire - near Pettijohn Basin, 0.25 acre, fire has been declared out
8. 6:58 p.m. Gate Fire - near Post Mountain, 5 acres, fi has been contained
9. 7:22 p.m. Fool Fire - Near Wildcat Peak, 0.1 acre, fire is in patrol status
The US Forest Service is conducting aerial reconnaissance flights to determine potential fire growth and appropriate response activity to developing fires. These reconnaissance flights are part of our normal operating plan after lightning storms.
The Berry Fire burning near Big Bend is on the Shasta-Trinity National Forest but is part of the state (CAL FIRE) Direct Protection Area (DPA). More information on it can be found here: http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents
Additional fire information can be obtained by visiting https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5472/.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.