Ibex Fire Expanded Emergency Trail and Road Closure
Incident: Ibex Fire Wildfire
Order Number: 04-13-17-593
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE
SALMON-CHALLIS NATIONAL FOREST MIDDLE FORK RANGER DISTRICT
Emergency Trail and Road Closure
PROHIBITIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (b), the following acts are prohibited on the roads and trails as described in this order, all within the Middle Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest.
1. Being on a road described below that is posted as closed. 36 CFR 261.54(e)
2. Being on a trail described below that is posted as closed. 36 CFR 261.55(a)
EXEMPTIONS: Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
ROAD CLOSURE DESCRIBED:
Forest Road #40068 (Parker Mountain Mine Road) Entire Road
TRAIL CLOSURE DESCRIBED:
Forest Trail #4104 (Warm Springs Creek Trail) Entire trail
Forest Trail #4114 (East Mayfield Yankee Fork Trail) Entire trail
Forest Trail #4116 (Cold Creek Trail) Entire trail
Forest Trail #4117 (Cottonwood Creek Trail) Entire trail
Forest Trail #4119 (Trapper Creek Trail) Entire trail
Forest Trail #4120 (Kerr Creek Trail) Entire
Forest Trail #4121 (Mahoney Creek Trail) Entire trail
Forest Trail #4147.1 (Challis Creek Trail) Entire trail
Forest Trail #4248 (Hot Creek Ridge Trail) Entire trail
Forest Trail #4268 (Challis Creek Lakes Trail) Entire trail
The above-described road and trails are located within the administrative boundaries of the Middle Fork Ranger District, Salmon-Challis National Forest, Custer and Lemhi Counties, Idaho.
This closure is necessary to provide protection to forest visitors from the current fire safety hazards associated with the Ibex Fire.
1. This Order will be in effect when signed and shall remain in effect until 10-1-2017 or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the closure area is attached and made part of this Order.
3. Any violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, and/or imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC 3571 (b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581 (b)(7)].
4. This Order supersedes any previous orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order in the above described area.
Done at Salmon, Idaho this 24th day of August, 2017
/s/ Charles A. Mark
Charles A. Mark, Forest Supervisor
Salmon-Challis National Forest
Order Number: 04-13-17-593