Willamette National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
Springfield, OR 97477
Detroit Ranger District
Hours: M-F 8:00AM-4:30PM
Road and Trail Closures—The fire team’s first priority is public and firefighter safety. The Willamette National Forest has closed all trail access points into Jefferson Park inside the Mt. Jefferson Wilderness, including an 11-mile stretch of the Pacific Crest Trail.
The following road and trail closures are currently in effect:
· Whitewater Trail #3429 is closed from its origin to the junction with the Pacific Crest Trail #2000.
· Cheat Creek Trail #3441 is closed from its origin to the junction with the Triangulation Trail #3373.
· Triangulation Trail #3373 is closed from its junction with trail #3374 (near Triangulation Peak) to the terminus at Whitewater Trail #3429.
· Crag Trail #3364 from its origin to the terminus at the Triangulation Trail #3373.
· Pacific Crest Trail (#2000) North of Woodpecker Trail (#3442) to Breitenbush Lake.
· South Breitenbush Trail (#3375) East of Bear Point Trail (#3342) up to the PCT (#2000).
· Forest Service Road 2243, Whitewater Rd. (at Highway 22) is closed to avoid conflicts with fire traffic.