BURRO FIRE FINAL UPDATE
July 13, 2017: 8:00 p.m.
Santa Catalina Ranger District of the Coronado National Forest
Start Date: June 30, 2017 Size: approximately 27,238 acres
Percent Contained: 95%
Cause: Under Investigation
A local Type 3 Incident Management Team assumed management of the Burro Fire at 6:00 a.m. today, July 13, 2017. Remaining resources include: four engines, one task force leader, and miscellaneous overhead.
Mt. Lemmon Highway will reopen to the public tomorrow, July 14 at 8:00 a.m. Visitors are urged to drive with care as fire vehicles and ground personnel will still be present. Additionally, the forest closure of the Burro Fire area will be lifted July 14. Hikers should use caution on the Green Mountain Trail and other trails impacted by the Burro Fire by watching for stump holes, burned out trees and other debris.
Precipitation was observed July 13 in the fire area and is anticipated through the weekend. Visitors should check weather forecasts in advance. If caught in a storm, seek shelter in buildings or vehicles (avoid sheltering under trees). Avoid low-lying areas that can flood without warning, such as washes and stream channels.
Fire Restrictions: Coronado National Forest is under Stage 2 fire restrictions. Until rescinded, the following are prohibited:
Fireworks are prohibited year-round on all National Forest lands.
This will be the final update for the Burro Fire.