Holcomb Fire - Forest Closure Order # 05-12-51-17-01
Incident: Holcomb Fire Wildfire
SAN BERNARDINO NATIONAL FOREST
Forest Order No. 05-12-51-17-01
Holcomb Fire Closure
Pursuant to 16 USC 551 and 36 CFR 261.50(a) and (b), to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the San Bernardino National Forest. This Order is effective from July AI,20l7 through June 30,2018.
1- Going into or being upon National Forest System lands within the Holcomb Fire Closure Area, as described in Exhibit A, and shown on the attached map. 36 CFR 261.s3(e).
2. Being on National Forest System Road 3N61, Jacoby Canyon Road, for its entire length, as shown on the attached map. 36 CFR 261.54(e).
3. Being on the Pacific Crest Trail within the Holcomb Fire Closure Are4 as shown on the attached map. 36 CFR 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.S}(e),the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Any Federal, State or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
2. Persons with a permit or valid operating plan from the Forest Service specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
3. Owners or lessees of private land within the Holcomb Fire Closure Are4 to the extent necessary to gain access to their land.
These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both 16 USC
551 and 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581.
Executed in San Bernardino, California, this 29th day of June, 2017
San Bernardino National ForestHolcom