Rock Creek Fire Update-9/22/2016 FINAL
Incident: Rock Creek Fire Wildfire
Rock Creek Fire Update
9/22/2016 8:00 a.m. PT
This will be the final update for the Rock Creek Fire, unless there are significant events.
Location – The Rock Creek Fire is on lands protected by the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest and the Washington Department of Natural Resources 12 miles northwest of Naches, Washington in the Rock Creek drainage east of SR 410.
Operations- One hundred percent containment was achieved yesterday. Fire suppression operations on this incident are essentially complete. The local agencies will assume responsibility for monitoring and taking any necessary additional actions beginning tomorrow, September 23, 2016.
Incident Commander Rob Kephart and the entire incident management team thank the surrounding communities for the strong support and appreciation for our efforts while assigned to this incident.
Closures – Reference closure order link and map on INCIWEB at: http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/article/5025/33709/
Emergency Road Closure Order # 06170816991 prohibits travel by any means on the following roads within the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest:
- Forest Service Road (FSR) 1701 beginning at the Forest Boundary, (T. 16 N. R. 15 E., Sec.9),
- East to the junction with FSR 1714, (T. 16 N., R. 15 E., Sec.1),
- Continuing north on FSR 1701 to the junction with FSR 1720, (T. 17 N., R. 15 E., Sec. 26),
- West and south on FSR 1720 to the junction with FSR 1702, (T. 16 N., R. 15 E., Sec. 4),
- South on FSR 1702 to the Forest Boundary (T. 16 N., R. 15 E., Sec. 4)
- Including the following spur roads connected to FSR 1701, 1720, and 1702; 511, 517, 525, 540, 544, 550, 545, 547, 608, 610, 612, 614, 616, 618, 620, 627, 630, 639 and 643.
To view the entire area closure termination and road closure orders, including a map of the closed roads, see:
Questions about the fire and accompanying closures should be directed to the Naches Ranger District at (509) 653-1401 during regular business hours Monday through Friday.