Rock Creek Fire Update-9/21/2016
Incident: Rock Creek Fire Wildfire
Rock Creek Fire Update
9/21/2016 9:00 a.m. PT
Fire Information: (509) 658-1376
Location – The Rock Creek Fire is on lands protected by the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest and the Washington Department of Natural Resources 12 miles northwest of Naches, Washington in the Rock Creek drainage east of SR 410.
Operations- Mop-up standards have largely been met on the entire fire. Monitoring for remaining heat near the line continues. Identified slash concentrations are being chipped and scattered. Excess equipment no longer needed on the fire line is being brought back to be reconditioned and stored. Good progress is being made on installing fire line erosion control structures and repairing damage done by suppression activities.
Closures – Reference closure order link and map on INCIWEB at: http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/article/5025/33709/
Emergency Road Closure Order # 06170816991 prohibits travel by any means on the following roads within the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest:
- Forest Service Road (FSR) 1701 beginning at the Forest Boundary, (T. 16 N. R. 15 E., Sec.9),
- East to the junction with FSR 1714, (T. 16 N., R. 15 E., Sec.1),
- Continuing north on FSR 1701 to the junction with FSR 1720, (T. 17 N., R. 15 E., Sec. 26),
- West and south on FSR 1720 to the junction with FSR 1702, (T. 16 N., R. 15 E., Sec. 4),
- South on FSR 1702 to the Forest Boundary (T. 16 N., R. 15 E., Sec. 4)
- Including the following spur roads connected to FSR 1701, 1720, and 1702; 511, 517, 525, 540, 544, 550, 545, 547, 608, 610, 612, 614, 616, 618, 620, 627, 630, 639 and 643.
To view the entire area closure termination and road closure orders, including a map of the closed roads, see:Inciweb: http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5025/ https://www.facebook.com/Rock-Creek-Fire-342324966106334/