Closure Order for Saddle Fire
Incident: Saddle Fire Wildfire
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
DIXIE NATIONAL FOREST, PINE VALLEY RANGER DISTRICT
FIRE AREA CLOSURE
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR 261.50(b), the following acts are prohibited in the area described in this order, on the Pine Valley Ranger District, Dixie National Forest until further notice:
- To go into or be upon the area described below, which is closed for the protection of public health and safety. [Title 36 CFR 261.53(e)]
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempted from the prohibition contained in this Order:
- Persons with a Forest Service permit specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order. [Title 36 CFR 261.50(d)(1)]
- Any Federal, State, or local officer; or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty. [Title 36 CFR 261.50(e)(4)]
- Federal or State administrative personnel in the performance of an official duty.
The Fire Area Closure is depicted on the map attached as Exhibit A, and specifically described as follows:
• Beginning at Goat Springs Trailhead, Trail # 31016, T39S, R15W, Section 15; southeast to the
Junction of Road # 033 and Road # 891
• Thence southeast along Road #033 to the Blake/Gubler Trailhead, Trail # 31026
• Thence northeast to the Junction of Trails Blake/Gubler # 31026 and the Summit Trail #31021
• Thence east to the Junction of Trails Summit Trail #31021and Browns Point Trail #31008
• Thence southeast on the Browns Point Trail #31008 to the Oak Grove Campground. (Oak
Grove Campground will remain open at this time)
• Thence northeast on the Highland Trail #31027 to the head of Wet Sandy drainage.
• Thence continuing northeast to the Syler Spring Trailhead Trail #31051
• Thence north to the Junction of Syler Spring Trail #31051 and the Anderson Valley Trail
• Thence northeast on the Anderson Valley Trail #31022 to the Comanche Spring Trailhead,
• Thence west to the Junction of the Comanche Spring Trail #31011 and the Summit Trail
• Thence north on the Summit Trail #31021 to the Junction of Road #014
• Thence west on Road #014 to the Junction of Road #3390 and Road #011
• Thence south on Road #011 to the Junction of Road #035
• Thence west on Road #035 to the Forest Boundary.
• Thence south and east along the Forest Boundary to Road #1032
• Thence east on Road #1032 to the Junction of Goat Springs Trail # 31016
• Thence South on the Goat Springs Trail # 31016 to the beginning of the closure at Goat Springs
Trailhead, Trail # 31016
This order is temporary and is intended for public safety during wildland fire operations.
- This order will be in effect when signed and posted and shall remain in effect until
, 2016 or until rescinded, whichever is earlier.
A map identifying the areas that may be restricted is attached and made part of this order.
- Violation of the above prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual, or $10,000.00 for an organization, and/or
imprisonment for not more than six (6) months. [Title 16 USC 551, Title 18 USC
3571(b)(6), Title 18 USC 3581(b) (7)}.
- Further information regarding this order may be obtained at the Pine Valley Ranger District office located in St. George, Utah, telephone number (435) 652-3100, and at the Dixie National Forest Supervisor's Office in Cedar City, Utah, telephone number (435) 865-3700
- This order supersedes any previous order(s) prohibiting the same, or similar acts prohibited by this order in the areas covered by this order.
Done at Cedar City, Utah this 22nd day of June 2016.
DIXIE National Forest