October 2nd Closure# 18-2014-10-22
Incident: Deception Complex Wildfire
Order Number 18-2014-10-22 16 u.s.c. §551, 18 u.s.c. §3559, & §3571
ORDER 18-2014-10-22 EMERGENCY CLOSURE FOR PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY WILLAMETTE NATIONAL FOREST, Middle Fork Ranger District
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (a) and (b ), the following acts are prohibited in the area, and on roads and trails described in this order within the Willamette National Forest. This order will become effective upon signature, and will remain in effect until rescinded.
(1) Being in an area closed for public health and safety. §36 CFR 261.52(e)
(2) Being on a road closed for public health and safety. §36 CFR 261.54(e)
(3) Being on a trail closed for public health and safety. §36 CFR 261.55(a)
Pursuant to Title 36 CFR §261.50( e ), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
(1) Any person with a permit specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission. (2) Any Federal, State, or local official or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
(3) Owners or lessees of land within the affected area. - For the purpose of accessing their lands within the affected area.
(4) Residents or their visitors within the affected area.
- For the purpose of accessing their private residences within the affected area.
AREA CLOSURE BOUNDARIES:
• Beginning at the junction of Highway 58 and Forest Road 5847, east on Highway 58 to the junction of Highway 58 and Forest Road 5850.
• South on Forest Road 5850 to to the boundary of the Umpqua and Willamette National Forests.
• Northwest along the Boundary of the Umpqua and the Willamette National Forests to its intersection with Forest Road 5847.
• North on Forest Road 5847 to the junction of Forest Road 5847 and Highway 58, point of beginning.
The following provides further clarification concerning roads and trails that are affected by this closure:
• Highway 58 will remain open to the public.
• Forest Road 1700 will remain open to the public.
• Forest Roads 5847 and all of its associated spur roads are closed within the affected area.
• Forest Roads 5850 and all of its associated spur roads are closed within the affected area.
• Forest Roads 2102 and all of its associated spur roads will remain open to the public to the junction with Forest Road 5850.
• Trail 3466 (Deception) is closed within the affected area.
• All other roads and trails within the affected area are closed to public entry.
Done in Springfield, Oregon at on this 2nd day of October, 2014.
Signed Meg Mitchell, Forest Supervisor, Willamette National Forest