Firefighters will patrol the perimeter of the fire today to ensure all the containment lines are holding. Additional crews and engines will monitor the south end of the fire near Mt. Glenn. Aircraft will be available to assist firefighters on the ground if needed. Fire activity is expected to be minimal, but the public can expect to see smoke as interior fuel continues to burn. Rehabilitation efforts including chipping brush and repairing dozer lines will continue.
A Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) team has been assigned to the incident. Wildfires may result in loss of vegetation, exposure of soil to erosion, and increased run-off that may lead to additional damage.
The BAER team will first conduct an assessment to identify imminent post-wildfire threats to human life and safety, property, and critical natural or cultural resources on National Forest System lands. The assessment will inform the team of immediate post-fire soil stabilization work that may be needed.
Hotter and drier weather is expected for the next several days with a possible storm front arriving early next week. Multiple resources will remain on the fire with some on standby for new ignitions. The Coronado National Forest is under Stage 1 fire restrictions, and the Forest Service lands in the fire area remain under a closure order for public safety. Transition to a Type 3 organization is expected on Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m.
Cooperation between the local, state and federal agencies will continue as monsoon season arrives and the potential for post-fire flooding is addressed. Recovery from wildfire is a long-term endeavor that requires communities to come together, be informed, make plans, and help each other out.
|Current as of|
|Date of Origin||Wednesday June 07th, 2017 approx. 03:30 PM|
|Location||2 mi SE of Dragoon, AZ|
|Percent of Perimeter Contained||95%|
tall grass, brush
Patrol containment lines. Continue rehabilitation. Incident command will transfer to Renee Keuhner (ICT3) at 0600.
|Projected Incident Activity|
12 hours: Low potential for continued movement southward driven by topography.
24 hours: Patrol containment lines and continue rehabilitation.
48: Patrol containment lines and continue rehabilitation.
Community Meeting held at Sunsites Community Center on 6/11/17
High heat, low humidity and Haines 6 conditions through early next week. Dry thunderstorms possible across the general area Monday and more likely to occur Tuesday and Wednesday.