The County line 2 fire, started on Wednesday the 12th, in the afternoon. It started along Hwy 26, with multiple starts, on both sides of the Highway. With the weather conditions at the time, these fires quickly exceeded the capabilities of the local resources, and their mutual aid. The State Fire Marshals office, sent their Blue Management Team, along with 8 task force contingents, to help with structure protection. Oregon Interagency Incident Management Team#1, was also ordered, for the wild land component. It is a Unified Command between the two teams. This fire has gone through changing levels of evacuations, and numerous challenges.
Wednesday August 19, 2015 at 0600, the Oregon State Fire Marshal's Blue Team, and all remaining task forces assigned to them were released from this fire. Oregon Interagency Incident Management Team #1, with Incident Commander Shawn Sheldon, will be remaining to be in command of the fire.
Thursday September 3, 2015, at 0600, Incident Command was transferred to a Type 3 team, with Dorian Soliz, as Incident Commander.
|Current as of|
|Date of Origin||Wednesday August 12th, 2015 approx. 01:30 PM|
|Location||Warm Springs Reservation, North of Warm Springs Oregon|
|Incident Commander||Dorian Soliz, Warm Springs Type 3 Management Team|
|Percent of Perimeter Contained||97%|
Brush (2 feet), Timber (Grass and Understory)
9/3/2015 the fire will be taken by a Warms Spring Type 3 team at 0600hrs, continue with structure protection, use hose lays, crews and dozers to reinforce line, contain spots/slop over, continue going direct and reinforcing hand line.
|Projected Incident Activity|
12hours: No growth expected on the north edge, lack of IR makes it difficult to know amount of heat left on that side - Patrol status. As the fire activity continues to be minimal, the fire-line will be greatly reinforced contained at the west end of Shitake Canyon, Minimal fire behavior today with creeping and smoldering behavior.
24hours: Backing and creeping fire is expected to continue in the Shitike Canyon, crews will continue to use roads to check the fire and build direct line. With slightly cooler weather and decreased fire activity the potential for spotting should remain low.
48hours: same as 24 hours,
72hours: same as 48 hours
Anticipated after 72 hours: same until containment.
5 x Type 2 crews are an essential need for the Type 3 organization to replace crews that are timing out.
Temperatures were in the upper 50 degree range across the fire area today with relative humidity in the upper 50's. Westerly winds 3-8 mph with light rain. Thursday, temperatures in the 60's, with relative humidity between 30-40 percent. West winds 4-7 mph gusting to 15 mph. Extended forecast calls for a chance of showers and thunderstorm activity, slightly cooler.