- Keep the fire within the Sky Lakes Wilderness Area by utilizing natural barriers and containment lines to fully suppress the fire
- Utilize MIST within the wilderness area and RNA
- Re-assess PACE alternatives with priorities on the West and South flanks of the fire
- Continue DIV W contingency lines
- Complete primary control lines on Divisions L, V and T
- Initiate rehab where appropriate
|Current as of|
|Date of Origin||Thursday July 31st, 2014 approx. 01:00 PM|
|Location||High Cascades Ranger District Rogue River-Siskiyou NF and Klamath RD Fremont-Winema NF|
|Incident Commander||Larry Pingle|
|Percent of Perimeter Contained||90%|
Fuel Model: Timber (Litter and Understory)
Ponderosa Pine, Grand Fir, Douglas Fir, Mountain Hemlock, Sub-alpine Fir. There are several models represented, including 8,9,10.
Steep remote, rugged terrain is logistically challenging and has limited access.
Fire behavior includes creeping, smoldering and minimum single tree torching.
Continue to strengthen lines with mop up to a distance necessary to provide safe containment. Backhaul most equipment from all divisions. Suppression rehab continues.
|Projected Incident Activity|
12 hours: No anticipated movement of the fire.
24 hours: No anticpated movement.
48 hours: No fire movement anticipated.
72 hours: No fire movement anticipated.
Anticipated after 72 hours: No fire movement anticipated.
Incident to transition to Type 3 (Pingle)organization tomorrow, 9/17 at 0630. #22,23,24 & 26 - previously reported start plotted outside IR generated first burn period polygon. Correction places Point of Origin with that polygon.
Moderate RH recovery overnight with gusty SW winds tomorrow and increasing chances of rain through Thursday.