INCIDENT UPDATED 7/16/2014
41.163 latitude, -106.114 longitude
- Fire is in patrol status, 100% contained.
- Portions of the fire continue to produce smoke and this should be expected for quite some time.
- Recent rains were a major factor in full containment of the fire.
- Storm Peak Wildfire Module from Steamboat Springs turned the incident back over to the Laramie Ranger District Wednesday.
- Forest Road 540, Lake Owen Campground and the Day-Use Area have reopened.
- The Medicine Bow Rail Trail is closed between Forest Road 517 on the north and Lincoln Gulch Trailhead on the south. Forest Road 517.G and its’ spurs along the north edge of the fire are also closed, as well as several dispersed camping spots along Forest Road 540.
- Fire information phone will no longer be staffed. New information and updates will be provided as they become available.
|Current as of|
|Cause||Unknown, Under Investigation|
|Date of Origin||Monday July 07th, 2014 approx. 12:00 PM|
|Incident Commander||Laramie Ranger District|
|Percent of Perimeter Contained||100%|
|Projected Incident Activity|