Could not determine your location.
NW Pasayten Complex
- NW Pasayten Fire InformationPhone:509-557-0973Hours:M-F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
NW Pasayten Wilderness Fires Closure Order 09/10/2022
NW Pasayten Complex
Closures - 09/11/2022
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Forest Service Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest
Methow Valley Ranger District
NW Pasayten Wilderness Fires Closure
Closure Order: 06-17-04-22-15
Pursuant to 16 USC § 551 and 36 CFR § 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Methow Valley Ranger District of the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest. This Order supersedes Order # 06-17-04-22-14 dated September 6, 2022, signed by Kristin Bail. This Order is effective September 09, 2022, through November 30, 2022, unless rescinded sooner.
1. Entering into or being upon National Forest System lands, as described below and displayed on the attached map, Exhibit A [36 CFR § 261.53(e)].
2. Being on a National Forest System trail, as described below and displayed on the attached map, Exhibit A [36 CFR § 261.55(a)].
CLOSURE AREA DESCRIPTION:
The Fire Emergency Area Closure is defined as follows:
The fire closure area boundary begins at the junction of the U.S. – Canada border and the administrative boundary with Ross Lake National Recreation Area (NRA) in northwest corner ofT. 41 N., R. 14 E., sec. 32 The closure boundary follows the NRA boundary south to where it crosses Trail #749 in T. 40 N., R. 14 E., sec. 3. From this point, the closure follows and includes Trail #749 to the east to the point where Trail #749 crosses the boundary between Okanogan County and Whatcom County in the southwest corner of T. 40 N., R. 16 E., sec. 23. The closure then proceeds north along the county border to its intersection with the U.S. - Canada border in T. 41 N., R. 16 E., sec 39, then west along the U.S. - Canada border until reaching the point of origin in northwest corner of T. 41 N., R. 14 E., sec. 38.
The following trails are included in this closure order:
• Trail #454 Monument 83
• Trail #461 Border
• Trail #471 Point Defiance
• Trail #752B Dry Creek Pass
• Trail #472 West Fork Pasayten
• Trail #472.1 Holman Creek
• Trail #473 Rock Creek
• Trail #474 Eureka Creek from its junction with Trail #478 Robinson Creek to its junction with Trail #484 Monument Creek
• Trail #477 Hidden Lakes from its junction with Trail #485 Tatoosh Buttes to its junction with Trail #533 Boundary Trail
• Trail #478 Robinson Creek from its junction with Trail #474 Ferguson Lake to its junction with Trail #533 Boundary Trail
• Trail #482 Chuchuwanteen
• Trail #484 Monument Creek from its junction with Trail #474 Eureka Creek east to Shellrock Pass
• Trail #485 Tatoosh Buttes
• Trail #490 Heather Lake
• Trail #495 The Parks
• Trail #498 Buckskin Ridge from Silver Creek north to its junction with Trail # 478 Robinson Creek
• Trail #533 Boundary from its intersection with Trail #456 Dean Creek to its junction with the Pacific Crest Trail #2000
• Trail #576 Buffalo Pass
• Trail #738 Jackita Ridge from Devils Park in T. 38 N., R. 16 E., sec. 34 north to its junction with Trail #752 Devils Ridge
• Trail #749 Castle Pass from the boundary of North Cascades National Park in T.40 N., R. 14 E., sec. 3 to its eastern terminus at Pacific Crest Trail #2000 in T. 40 N., R. 16 E., sec. 19.
• Trail #749.1 Joker Mtn
• Trail #752 Devils Ridge
• Trail #752.2 Bear Skull
• Trail #754 Canyon Creek from the confluence of Slate Creek and Canyon Creek to its junction with Trail #752 Devils Ridge
• Trail #2000 Pacific Crest Trail from Windy Pass to its northern terminus at the U.S. – Canada border.
See Exhibit A for closure map.
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:1. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire-fighting force in the performance of an official duty.2. Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.
Visit https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/closures/8397/ for current closure information.