Could not determine your location.
- Spotted Bear Ranger StationPhone:406-758-5376Hours:7 days/week, 8:00a - 4:30p
Rocky Mountain Ranger District - Ursus Fire Trail Closure
Closures - 09/10/2022
Order Number:# 01-15-01-22-17
U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Forest SelVice Helena - Lewis and Clark National Forest
Rocky Mountain Ranger District
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50 (b), the following is prohibited on the National Forest System (NFS) trails in the Rocky Mountain Ranger District, Helena - Lewis and Clark National Forest, described below and shown on the attached map incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A (the "Described Trails"):
- Being on the trails [36 F.R. § 261.54 (e)]
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
- Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order or a written determination by a Forest Service authorized officer that a permit is not required under 36 C.F.R. § 251.50(e)(1) or (2).
- Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
This closure applies to National Forest System (NFS) trails #202 (starting at junction with trail #226), #227 and #246 (Observation Pass) generally located in the South Fork Sun drainage in:
- T21N R10W Sections 19, 30, 29, 31 and 32
- T19N R11W Sections 1 and 12
- T19N R10W Sections 5, 8, 9, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21 and 28
The purpose of this Order is to provide for public safety due to the trails' proximity to the Ursus Fire.
- This Ord r shall be in effect from September 8, 2022, at 0600 through October 31, 2022, at 2359, unless rescinded.
- A map identifying the Described Trails is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A. For a digital version of this Order and Exhibit A, go to Helena-Lewis andClark National Forest - Alerts & Notices (usda.gov}
- Unless otherwise expressly defined in this Order, the terms used in this Order are defined by the regulations of the Secretary of Agriculture, 36 C.F.R. Chapter II, Parts 200-299. If there are terms in this Order that are not expressly defined in the Order or 36 C.F.R. Chapter II, Parts 200-299, their meaning shall be determined by their plain language definitions.
- A violation of the above prohibitions is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. 16 U.S.C. 551; 18 U.S.C.
- § 3559, 3571, and 3581.
- Contact the Rocky Mountain Ranger District in Augusta, (406) 562-3247, and Helena- Lewis and Clark National Forest Supervisor's Office in Helena, MT, (406) 449-5210, for more information about this Order.
- This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same or similar acts on the same Described Trails.
Signed and issued on the 8th of September, 2022.