Could not determine your location.
- Hungry Horse Ranger StationPhone:406-387-3800Hours:Mon - Fri 8:00a - 4:30p
Margaret Fire Closure Order
Closures - 09/10/2022
Order Number: # 01-10-06-22-09
U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Forest Service Flathead National Forest
Hungry Horse Ranger District
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a), the following is prohibited on the National Forest System (NFS) lands, roads, trails in the Hungry Horse Ranger District, Flathead National Forest, described below and shown on the attached map incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A (Margaret Fire Closure):
- 36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e). It is prohibited to go into the area or be upon any road or trail closed for the protection of: Public health or safety.
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
- Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order or a written determination by a Forest Service authorized officer that a permit is not required under 36 C.F.R. § 251.50(e)(1) or (2).
- Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
Beginning at the northwest corner of Section 7, Township 27 North, Range 117 West, the closure area boundary follows the north edge of section 7 to the east to the intersection with Forest System Road (FSR) # 895 (West Side Reservoir Road). From that intersection, the closure follows the southern edge of FSR # 895 to the east to the intersection with FSR # 895E. From that intersection, the closure extends to the south along the western edge of FSR # 895 to the intersection with FSR # 895F. From that intersection, the closure follows the northern edge of FSR # 895F to the west to the intersection with the western edge of Section 25, Township 27 North, Range 118 West.
From that intersection, the closure follows the section line boundary to the north to the intersection with the divide between Baker Creek and Jones Creek. From that intersection, the closure extends to the northeast along said divide to the intersection with the west edge of Section 7, Township 27 North, Range 117 West. From that intersection, the closure follows the section line to the north to the section corner, the beginning point.
Road and Trail closures: FSR # 895E and NFS Trail # 410 are closed to all traffic. FSR Roads # 895 and 895F remain open.
The purpose of this Order is to provide for public and firefighter safety due to fire activities on the Margaret Fire.
- This Order shall be in effect from September 9, 2022, at 1700 through December 31, 2022, at 1700, unless rescinded.
- A map identifying the Described Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A. For a digital version of this Order and Exhibit A, go to https://fs.usda.gov/alerts/flathead/alerts-notices .
- Unless otherwise expressly defined in this Order, the terms used in this Order are defined by the regulations of the Secretary of Agriculture, 36 C.F.R. Chapter II, Parts 200-299. If there are terms in this Order that are not expressly defined in the Order or 36 C.F.R. Chapter II, Parts 200-299, their meaning shall be determined by their plain language definitions.
- A violation of the above prohibitions is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. 16 U.S.C. § 551; 18 U.S.C.
- § 3559, 3571, and 3581.
- Contact the Hungry Horse Ranger District in Hungry Horse, MT, (406) 387-3800, or the Flathead National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Kalispell, MT, (406) 758- 5208, for more information about this Order.
- This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same or similar acts on the same Described Area.
Signed and issued on .
Kurtis E. Steele Forest Supervisor
Flathead National Forest