Could not determine your location.
Dean Creek Fire
- Spotted Bear Ranger StationPhone:4067585376Hours:7 days/week, 0800 - 1630
Dean Creek Closure - Effective 8/19/2022
Dean Creek Fire
Closures - 08/18/2022
Order Number: # 01-10-04-22-06
U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Forest Service Flathead National Forest
Spotted Bear Ranger District
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50 (a) the following is prohibited on the National Forest System (NFS) lands, roads, and trails on the Spotted Bear Ranger District, Flathead National Forest. It is prohibited to go into the area or be upon any road or trail closed for the protection of: Public health or safety. 36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
- Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order or a written determination by a Forest Service authorized officer that a permit is not required under 36 C.R. § 251.50(e)(1) or (2).
- Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
DESCRIBED AREA and TRAILS
Area: Beginning at the junction of NFS Trail # 83 and the Great Bear Wilderness boundary in Township 25 North, Range 13 West, Section 23, following said wilderness boundary northerly and then northwesterly to the intersection of the hydrologic divide between Dean Creek and the Schafer Creek drainage, then northerly along said divide to the intersection of Elk Ridge (the hydrologic divide between Dean Creek and the Dolly Varden Creek drainage) then southeasterly along said ridge to the intersection with the Great Bear Wilderness boundary, then southwesterly along said boundary to the intersection with NFS Trail# 83, then westerly along the north side of said trail to the intersection of the Great Bear Wilderness boundary, the point of beginning.
Trails: Those portions of NFS Trails# 87, 109, 333, and 359 within this boundary are closed. NFS Trail# 83 is open adjacent to the closure, with no camping allowed in the closed area.
The purpose of this Order is to provide for public and firefighter safety due to fire activities on the Dean Creek Fire.
- This Order shall be in effect from August 19, 2022, at 0700 through December 31,
2022, at 1700, unless rescinded.
- A map identifying the Described Area and Trails is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A For a digital version of this Order and Exhibit A, go to https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/flathead/alerts-notices .
- Unless otherwise expressly defined in this Order, the terms used in this Order are defined by the regulations of the Secretary of Agriculture, 36 C.F.R. Chapter II, Parts 200-299. If there are terms in this Order that are not expressly defined in the Order or 36 C.F.R. Chapter II, Parts 200-299, their meaning shall be determined by their plain language definitions.
- A violation of the above prohibitions is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. 16 U.S.C. 551; 18 U.S.C.
- § 3559, 3571, and 3581.
- Contact the Spotted Bear Ranger District (406) 758-5376 or the Flathead National Forest Supervisor's Office in Kalispell, MT, at (406) 758-5208 for more information about this Order.
- This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same or similar acts in or on the same Described Area.
Signed and issued on 08/18/2022
Kurtis E. Steele Forest Supervisor
Flathead National Forest