Could not determine your location.
- Scott OwenEmail:email@example.comPhone:970-422-2671Hours:M-F 9-5
Plumtaw Fire Update, Monday, May 23rd
News - 05/23/2022
Plumtaw Fire Objectives:
- To utilize risk management to reduce risks to the public and to firefighters.
- To protect the Lost Valley of the San Juans subdivision and critical infrastructure, including the Fourmile Creek watershed, water intake, private lands, and additional infrastructure
Fire activity continues to moderate as a result of cool cloudy weather and diligent work by crews. With more of the fire perimeter secured, many areas are now in patrol and in mop up status. An extensive hose lay system of over 6,000 feet with multiple pumping stations supplies water to crews while they work to extinguish lingering areas of heat. Air assets continue to be available to support crews on the ground. Fire resources and equipment will remain on scene until containment objectives are met.
- Crews worked to find and extinguish hot spots and secured and improved line.
- Crews nearly completed line construction to connect the west and east sections along the northern perimeter.
- Crews are improving, securing and mopping up completed line.
- Engines and crews will begin rehabbing hand lines around structures in the Lost Valley of the San Juans subdivision.
- Securing line and mop up will continue on the fire’s perimeter.
- Crews are extinguishing hot spots and using portable tanks and an extensive hose lay system.
- A UAS (drone) is on order to support identifying spot fires on the northeast portion of the fire.
Cool, cloudy, breezy weather will remain in the area through Tuesday. A warming trend begins on Wednesday.
Fire start date: May 17, 2022
Fire size today: 721 acres
Location: 7 miles north of Pagosa Springs, CO
Cause: With no recent lightning and no prescribed fire, the fire’s cause is under investigation.
Rocky Mountain Complex Incident Management Team 2
12 20-person crews
5 water tenders
1 skidgeon (skidder/engine)
For the latest Smoke Outlook, visit: https://outlooks.airfire.org/outlook/1275a044