June 23rd, Sunday - Fire Fact Sheet
Incident: East Peak Fire Wildfire
East Peak Fire Information
FIRE FACT SHEET
June 23, 2013
Rocky Mountain Incident Management Team C
For incident information please call 719-742-3882 or 719-315-4808
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Team website Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team website: https://sites.google.com/site/rmteamc/
- Start Date: 6/19/2013
- Location: 10 miles southwest of Walsenburg, Colorado
- Cause: Lightning
- Size: Estimated at 12,442 acres
- 10% containment
- An estimated 300 properties are under an evacuation notice within Huerfano County east of the town of La Veta to I-25, and south to the county line. Pre-evacuation remains in effect for the City of Walsenburg. In Las Animas County there are pre-evacuation orders for Mauracio Canyon and Upper and Lower Trujillo Creek.
- The San Isabel National Forest, including the Spanish Peaks Wilderness Area is closed east of Colo. State Hwy 12. Cordova Pass Road is also closed to through-traffic.
- An evacuation shelter is located at the John Mall High School. Animals may be taken to the La Veta Fairground.
- Local, Federal, and State resources are assigned to the fire.
- Fire is burning on private and federal land
- Red Flag Warning is in effect today from 11:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.
- As of last night, 317 personnel are assigned to this incident, additional resources are still arriving.
- Today’s planned activities include use of helicopters in support of firefighters on the ground. Significant smoke is expected later today as firefighters conduct containment line improvements on the southeast portion of the fire perimeter.